The program is highly interactive, combining many tools for learning. Participants prepare and discuss cases that mirror the kind of negotiations that they themselves face. They also hear presentations made by faculty who have both practical and theoretical knowledge of negotiations. Finally, through exercises and one-on-one and multi-party role-playing, participants absorb and internalize the strategic precepts of the program.
This five-day program will further develop participants’ skills in:
- Shaping the agenda for strategic action in the face of resistance and uncertainty
- Cultivating relationships in order to build coalitions for effective deal crafting
- Exploiting leverage points in rules, prior commitments and obligations to influence perceptions and alternatives.
- Mapping the influential players to anticipate barriers to and opportunities for negotiated agreements.
- Framing persuasive arguments and alternatives in order to create added value
- Shifting the balance of forces within and across organizations to build momentum
- Initiating strategic moves at and away from the table to ‘change the game’
- Assessing negotiation outcomes with a view to improving future performance
Click here to view a sample schedule