How to Apply
HKS Executive Education Application Instructions Video.
Select the program you wish to apply for in the online listing.
Select the More button to navigate to the Program Detail Page, and then click the Apply Now button.
You will be directed to the application home page. Follow the directions below to start your application.
Step 1: First Time Applicants - Create an Account
If this is the first time you are applying to an HKS Executive Education program, click Step One - Create an Account.
- A new window will pop up. Complete the form on this page to create an account. Do not close the application home page.
- You will receive an email with a temporary password.
- Retrieve that temporary password and return to the application home page.
- Click Step Two – Start a New Application.
- Enter your email and temporary password. You will be immediately prompted to change your password.
- Once you change your password, you will be taken to the program application. Proceed to the Completing Your Application instructions below.
Step 2: Start a New Application
If you have an existing account or just created one, click Step 2 –Start a New Application.
- Enter your email address and password to log in and start your application.
- If you forgot your password, click on the "Forgot Password" link within Step 2 and follow the instructions.
- Proceed to the Completing Your Application instructions below.
Completing your application
- Please allow approximately 30 to 60 minutes to complete the application. Have your resume/C.V. ready to upload.
- There are two parts to the application, including general information and essay questions.
- Click here to view the essay questions.
- Read the instructions on the first page which explain the process and describe how to navigate and save your progress.
- If you do not have time to complete the full application, please be sure to click on the "Save" button at the bottom before closing your browser. We recommend you save your work often. If you exit the webpage without saving, your work will be lost.
- Answer all questions thoroughly — the Admissions Committee will only consider completed applications.
Submitting your application
- When your application is complete, click "Submit” at the bottom of the page.
- After submitting your application, you will receive an email confirmation that your application has been received.
Step 3: Finish or Manage your application
If you did not initially complete your application and would like to finish it, or to check on the status of an application you have previously submitted, return to the application homepage and click Step 3- Complete and Manage Your Application.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION
- Please visit the program page for specific deadlines.
- Application deadlines are at least six weeks in advance of the program start date.
- Programs often fill to capacity, so early application is recommended.
- Early application does not guarantee admission.
Notification of Acceptance
- For most programs, qualified candidates are admitted on a rolling, space-available basis.
- Once the review process has begun, applicants are typically notified within three weeks via email regarding Admissions Committee decisions.
- This timeframe may be extended due to the volume of applications, or the date of the program.
The email address you provide should be one you check frequently (i.e. your own email address). All communication you receive from the Executive Education department will be via email. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book so that your computer recognizes this email traffic and does not direct it to your SPAM file.
All information submitted is confidential.
If you have any questions about the application or admissions process, please contact the Harvard Kennedy School Executive Education Client Services at email@example.com or 617-496-9000.